3/16/09

A New Member of the Family......

The long anticipated arrival of the new baby calf finally came....in the daylight I might add... YEA! After church on Sunday, March 15th, Jeremy said it was going to happen today! So he and I waited for about four hours for the birth. Kelly Wright and Jeremy had to help deliver the little one and Jeremy was a trooper! Jeremy had a dream a couple of weeks ago that the calf would be a red angus and a bull....he woke up pretty mad!
So, we were really wondering what this new little one would be.....

As you can tell, it is a BLACK angus.....but not a heffer. It is a cute little (BIG) bull calf! It was so fun to be there...a new experience for me! I was glad that I could share that with Jeremy and the Wright family. Thanks for your help!

Jeremy trying to help the new little one get on his feet.

Helping him get steady.

Mamma and the new baby!


It is amazing that they know just what to do after just arriving!
It was such a celebrated event that Grandma and Grandpa Matson, Uncle Scott, Aunt Brenda and Cousin Tanner came to see the little one....not even up on his feet yet!
Debbie Wright made brownies and had ice cream. We ate it right there in the barn!
So much fun! Congrats to Jeremy!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

CUTE!!! I love baby cows!

Rita said...

I cannot believe Jer is gone and I missed him. :( I am spacey. Post updates. I miss him already. His baby cow is darling.

XOXO

Rita